SAT Registration: Deadlines, Costs, Fee Waivers, & More
Last updated December 15, 2022
Looking for SAT Registration information? Here's what you need to know about deadlines, cost, fee waivers, and more.
How to register for the SAT exam?
Ready to register for the SAT? Here's how to get started.
1. Visit CollegeBoard
2. Click "Register Now"
4. Pick an SAT test date that works for you- find a full list of test dates & deadlines to register here. Try to register as early as possible for your preferred date and at your preferred location - open spots can fill up quick!
The SAT exam is given 7 times a year, so be sure to check the College Board website for SAT registration dates and deadlines. If you are applying for Early Decision, we recommend taking the SAT before December. If you're applying for Regular Decision, plan to take the SAT before January. Make sure to provide contact details where you can be reached easily, and keep an eye on College Board notifications!
How much does the SAT cost?
The cost of signing up for the SAT is $60. Some students may qualify for a fee waiver (see below). SAT late fees are $30 but are free with a fee waiver.
How can I get an SAT fee waiver?
CollegeBoard does offer SAT fee waivers for eligible students to take the exam for free - check in with your school guidance counselor or a trusted educator to see if you qualify. Here are the general requirements for receiving an SAT fee waiver:
- You are enrolled in a National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Your annual family income falls within the income eligibility guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You’re enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- Your family receives public assistance
- You live in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or are homeless
- You are a ward of the state
How to study for the SAT exam?
Looking for some tips and experience to studying for the SAT? Check out our guide to studying for the SAT with our free resources!
Have any questions about taking or registering for the SAT? Text #Hello to 33-55-77!