SAT Registration: How much does the SAT cost, Fee Waivers, Deadlines, & More
Last updated August 2, 2022
Looking for SAT Registration information? Here's what you need to know about deadlines, cost, fee waivers, and more. The SAT exam is given 7 times a year.
Ready to register for the SAT? Here's how to get started.
1. Visit CollegeBoard
4. Pick an SAT test date that works for you - find a full list of test dates & deadlines to register here. Try to register as early as possible for your preferred date and at your preferred location - open spots can fill up quick!
If you are applying for Early Decision, we recommend taking the SAT before December. If you're applying for Regular Decision, plan to take the SAT before January. Make sure to provide contact details where you can be reached easily, and keep an eye on College Board notifications!
SAT Registration cost & fees waivers
The cost of signing up for the SAT is $60. CollegeBoard does offer SAT fee waivers for eligible students to take the exam for free - check in with your school guidance counselor or a trusted educator to see if you qualify. Here are the general requirements for receiving an SAT fee waiver:
- You are enrolled in a National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Your annual family income falls within the income eligibility guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You’re enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- Your family receives public assistance
- You live in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or are homeless
- You are a ward of the state
Studying for the SAT
Looking for some tips and experience to studying for the SAT? Check out our guide to studying for the SAT!
Have any questions about taking or registering for the SAT? Text #Hello to 33-55-77!