Top 5 Reasons To Stay In School
Last updated March 1, 2021
We know school can be hard work. Classes, tests, and homework keep you busy. It's okay to wonder if it's all worth it to stay in school. We just want you to know that it is! Here are the top five reasons to graduate high school.
- It's a gateway to a college degree. Without either a high school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.), you won't be able to attend college.
- Graduating high school is a key step toward securing your financial future. The median weekly earnings for a high school dropout were $606 for high school drop outs in 2019. Compare that with individuals whose highest degree was a high school diploma - a $749 median weekly income. Even further, individuals with a high school diploma and some college education had a median weekly income of $874. Education is, plain and simple, a statistically reliable way to secure your future, financially.
- Remember that thing we said about a high school diploma or equivalent being necessary to pursue a college degree? College graduates had median weekly earnings of $1,281+ in 2019. Secure the bag!
- Graduating high school opens the door to so many more opportunities. Future earnings, likelihood of retaining employment, likelihood of pursuing higher education, and more are all statistically more likely among high school graduates. Set yourself up for success!
- Even if you don't feel like those earnings projections matter to you right now, it just feels good to be able to say you have your high school degree. Quavo, a rapper and Migos member, just went back to school to finish his high school degree even though he's set for life financially through his music career! Graduating is empowering!
The reasons to stay in school are all there! If you need help, text "Hello" to 33-55-77 and we'll talk through it with you!