Apply to Our Youth Advisory Council (YAC)!
Last updated September 17, 2022
Applications for our Youth Advisory Council (YAC) are now closed. We'll be in touch soon if we think it's a good fit!
Because our work at Get Schooled directly supports young people, we want to involve them in the planning and creation of it. We know that by centering the knowledge and experiences of our audience in our work, we’ll continue to give them the best information and tools they need to thrive in college, jobs, and life. That’s why we want you to apply to our 2022-2023 Youth Advisory Council (YAC)!
About the job
We’re looking for 4-6 young people from a variety of different educational and professional backgrounds who want to help inform and shape our work this school year. Ideal candidates are Black, Brown, low-income, first-generation, or LGBTQIA+ individuals ages 16-24 who are passionate about Get Schooled’s mission and values and want to help us strengthen our work for students across the country. No prior experience is required.
Here are some things the YAC will assist Get Schooled with this year:
- Drafting and editing content for our website
- Developing fun and engaging quizzes, activities, and Kahoots
- Strategizing ways to strengthen our social media presence
- Informing website improvements
- Writing scripts and starring as talent for YouTube and social videos
- Finding high-quality scholarships
Other important details
- Frequency of meetings: We’ll meet monthly for one hour via Zoom. There will be up to 4 hours of additional work each month on various projects (listed above). We ask that applicants and finalists are able to commit to the group from October 2022 - June 2023. The first meeting will be held on October 5, 2022.
- Pay: YAC members will be paid $25/hour for up to 5 hours of work per month.