Free Money for College with the Oregon Promise
Last updated May 12, 2021
What is Oregon Promise?
Oregon Promise is a state grant that helps recent high school graduates and GED recipients in Oregon pay for tuition at any community college across the state.
Why Should I Apply For Oregon Promise?
Oregon Promise provides a great low-cost opportunity for students attending community college to receive their associate’s degree or get enough credits to transfer to a four-year university. Because Oregon Promise is a grant, this money is free, and you won’t have to pay any of it back. This can significantly cut down your college costs while you take the time to discover what you’re passionate about and want to study!
Am I eligible?
Students who graduate between March 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021 can start applying NOW! Here are some of the requirements you need to meet in order to qualify for Oregon Promise:
- Be a recent high school or GED test graduate.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA higher than 2.50, or a 145 grade on all GED tests.
- Live in Oregon for at least 12 months before starting college.
- Have no more than 90 college credits attempted or completed.
- Check out more requirements here!
Undocumented students are eligible for Oregon Promise too! You’ll just need to fill out your ORSAA before applying.
How do I apply?
- Submit the Oregon Promise application in your OSAC Student Portal.
- Submit the FAFSA or ORSAA - make sure to list at least one Oregon community college on the FAFSA or ORSAA.
What’s the deadline?
The general deadline to apply for Oregon Promise in order to start community college in Fall 2021 is June 1, 2021. There are other deadlines later this year to apply depending on when you plan to graduate high school or finish your GED. To find your deadline, click here.
Need help with FAFSA or ORSAA? Text #Oregon 33-55-77 to learn more. If 25% of your classmates text in Get Schooled will send your school free Dutch Bros gift cards!