Free Money for College with the Oregon Promise Grant
Last updated August 12, 2023
What is the Oregon Promise Grant?
Oregon Promise is a state grant that helps recent high school graduates and GED recipients in Oregon pay for tuition at any community college across the state. Oregon Promise has already started awarding applicants with grant money so don't miss this great opportunity!
Why Should I Apply For Oregon Promise?
Oregon Promise provides a great low-cost opportunity for students attending community college to receive their associate’s degree or get enough credits to transfer to a four-year university. Because Oregon Promise is a grant, this money is free, and you won’t have to pay any of it back. This can significantly cut down your college costs while you take the time to discover what you’re passionate about and want to study!
Who qualifies for the Oregon Promise? Am I eligible?
Students who graduate between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 can start applying NOW! Here are some of the requirements you need to meet in order to qualify for Oregon Promise:
- Be a recent high school or GED test graduate.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA higher than 2.00, or a 145 grade on all GED tests.
- Live in Oregon for at least 12 months before starting college.
- Have no more than 90 college credits attempted or completed.
- Check out more requirements here!
Undocumented students are eligible for Oregon Promise too! You’ll just need to fill out your ORSAA before applying.
How do I apply?
- Submit the Oregon Promise application in your OSAC Student Portal.
- Submit the FAFSA or ORSAA - make sure to list at least one Oregon community college on the FAFSA or ORSAA.
What’s the deadline?
The Oregon Promise has a rolling deadline based on when the student graduates and starts community college. There are deadlines throughout the year to apply depending on when you plan to graduate high school or finish your GED. To find your deadline, click here.
Need help with FAFSA or ORSAA? Text #Oregon 33-55-77 to learn more!