In-Demand Jobs & Industries That Are Hiring Now
Last updated September 14, 2022
When searching for jobs, it’s important to know what jobs or industries are currently in high-demand. This can help you understand what jobs employers are most eager to fill, and what skills you can highlight on your resume to stand out from other candidates. Here is a list of growing in-demand jobs that are hiring right now!
Note: depending on your work experience and education, you may be able to start some positions right away (as long as you are 18+), while other positions may require additional training and certifications before you can get started.
E-commerce support jobs
Online shopping has increased significantly in the past few years, which has led companies to create thousands of new positions to help consumers get their products faster. These positions are on the rise:
- Package handlers load and unload packages, typically in warehouses. Most package handler positions are entry-level roles and don’t require any previous work experience.
- Local delivery drivers deliver packages to homes and businesses. These jobs are typically available to those 18 years and older with a valid license.
- Large freight drivers (semi-truck drivers) haul goods and products long distances - sometimes even across the country. These jobs are typically available to those 21 years and older with a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
Healthcare supporting staff
The pandemic has drastically increased the need for more healthcare professionals. Here are some of the growing jobs you can land with just a few months of training:
- Home health aides help patients with personal hygiene, dressing, bathing, and other daily tasks. Programs vary by institution, but you can earn your HHA certificate in less than 4 weeks.
- Pharmacy technicians assist customers with getting the medications they need by measuring out and packaging medications, processing payment information and updating medical databases. Becoming a pharmacy technician requires formal training and can be completed in a few months if you enroll in a full-time program.
- Dental assistants provide patient care, take X-rays, keep dental records up to date, and schedule appointments for patients. Working as a dental assistant requires advanced training and takes about 9-11 months to complete.
Digital marketing professionals
Digital marketing professionals are skilled at getting people’s attention on products and services online. Top growing jobs in this field include:
- Social media specialists create content on social media to build an audience and increase customer engagement. While many employers may want a bachelor's degree for this position, it’s generally not required, so if you can demonstrate you have the skills necessary to excel at this job, you have a chance at landing it.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) specialists optimize websites in order to achieve higher search engine rankings (which equals more hits to a website). Similar to the social media specialist role, it is possible to land an SEO job without any formal training, but it will require a commitment to learning on your own and demonstrating you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job.
Digital content creators
Digital content creators create engaging content on social media platforms to grow audiences. Formal training can come in handy for these growing jobs, but isn’t required - you just have to be able to show that you can do the job.
- Content coordinators organize content on a website, schedule the publication of web and social media content, and train their team on how to use a content management system.
- Video editors edit raw video footage to create a final video ready for publishing. Depending on the job you are applying for, some positions do not require formal video editing training - a knowledge of how to create great videos on TikTok or Instagram along with a willingness to be adaptable and grow your skills can help you land a job without a college degree!
Need some support landing your next job? Text us! Send #Jobs to 33-55-77 to text with one of our job advisors! Want free job resources sent directly to your email? Sign up here!