Scholarships for Texas Students
Last updated February 27, 2021
Scholarships are a great way to pay for college! If you are going to college in Texas we have compiled a great list of scholarships you may be eligible for (and don’t have to pay back!). Some of these scholarships require a separate application while others only ask you to file the FAFSA or TASFA so make sure to get that done ASAP! Need help? Check out our helpful articles on filling out the FAFSA or TASFA for financial aid.
Here are just a few scholarships you may be able to apply for as a student in Texas. For more options check out this helpful list from Scholarships.com.
- $1,000 scholarship
- Texas high school seniors planning to attend college are eligible
- Application requires an essay, high school transcript, two letters of recommendation
- Award amount varies
- The Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for different colleges, fields of study, and county of residence
- Available to high school seniors and college students enrolled in the Texas Panhandle region
- One national scholarship of $20,000 and twelve $2,000 local scholarships
- Available to Hispanic high school seniors who plan to pursue an engineering degree
- Only available in selected cities and surrounding areas
- Scholarship award up to full tuition coverage depending on family income
- Available to Texas residents pursuing their first bachelor’s degree
- Complete the FAFSA or TASFA to apply
- Between $700 and $2,000 scholarships
- Available to Texas high school seniors from 42 specific cities
- Must complete the FAFSA by March 1st
- $5,000 scholarship
- Awarded to Texas students that demonstrate leadership by organizing and working on an “inspiring community service project”
- Application requires an essay, reference letter, letter of recommendation, and transcript
Some colleges and universities have their own scholarships to provide to students. By completing the FAFSA or TASFA and the school’s application you may be eligible for many of their scholarship opportunities. Always make sure to look up the school’s specific deadlines so you can submit everything on time!