Scholarships for Texas Students
Last updated August 16, 2021
Scholarships are a great way to pay for college! If you are going to college in Texas we have compiled a great list of scholarships you may be eligible for (and don’t have to pay back!). Some of these scholarships require a separate application while others only ask you to file the FAFSA or TASFA so make sure to get that done ASAP! Need help? Check out our helpful articles on filling out the FAFSA or TASFA for financial aid.
Here are just a few scholarships you may be able to apply for as a student in Texas. For more options check out this helpful list from Scholarships.com.
The #WeBelongInCollege Scholarship encourages students to share brief stories about belonging. From times when they’ve struggled getting to and through college, how they overcame these challenges, and any advice they have for other students. By sharing your stories of struggle and perseverance, you will be entered to win a $2,500 or $1,000 college scholarship.
Deadline: October 31st, 2021
- Deadline: May 2, 2021
- Between $500 and $2,000 scholarships
- Available to students whose parents, grandparents, or school counselors are members of the TSCA
- Must provide SAT/ACT scores, transcripts, and 500-word essay to apply
- Deadline: July 12, 2021
- Between $700 and $2,000 scholarships
- Available to Texas high school seniors from 42 specific cities
- Must complete the FAFSA by March 1st
- $1,000 scholarship
- Texas high school seniors planning to attend college are eligible
- Application requires an essay, high school transcript, two letters of recommendation
- Award amount varies
- The Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for different colleges, fields of study, and county of residence
- Available to high school seniors and college students enrolled in the Texas Panhandle region
- One national scholarship of $20,000 and twelve $2,000 local scholarships
- Available to Hispanic high school seniors who plan to pursue an engineering degree
- Only available in selected cities and surrounding areas
- Scholarship award up to full tuition coverage depending on family income
- Available to Texas residents pursuing their first bachelor’s degree
- Complete the FAFSA or TASFA to apply
- $5,000 scholarship
- Awarded to Texas students that demonstrate leadership by organizing and working on an “inspiring community service project”
- Application requires an essay, reference letter, letter of recommendation, and transcript
Some colleges and universities have their own scholarships to provide to students. By completing the FAFSA or TASFA and the school’s application you may be eligible for many of their scholarship opportunities. Always make sure to look up the school’s specific deadlines so you can submit everything on time!