How to Find A Summer Job
Last updated June 23, 2021
Summer is a great time to find a job or internship that will help you gain experience, build your professional network, and earn some cash. Here are 5 ways to find your great summer job!
- Use JobLaunch: Our job search tool makes it super easy to find entry-level jobs and internships in your area. Head to JobLaunch, type in your zip code, and swipe to browse jobs!
- Ask your network: Talk to your friends, family members, teachers, and community members to see if they know of any jobs or internships. Not all jobs are posted online and you never know how your network can help you find your summer job. A great way to build your network is by creating a LinkedIn profile. Check out our 6 reasons why you need a LinkedIn profile.
- Join AmeriCorps: Summer Opportunity AmeriCorps is a program that gives young people (including high school students) the chance to earn a stipend AND money for college by giving back to their community. In addition to Summer opportunities, Americorps offers full-time and part-time opportunities as well. To find a program near you, visit nationalservice.gov
- Summer Youth Employment Programs: Many cities offer Summer Youth Employment Programs that provide paid work experience to young people between the ages of 14 and 24. Contact your local mayor’s office to see what opportunities are available.
- Career One Stop centers: There are nearly 2,400 job centers nationwide that help people search for jobs, find training, and answer employment-related questions. Click here to find your nearest career one stop center.