Middle Schoolers Can Plan For College, Too
KnowHow2Go shares a timeline for middle school students who want to start their path to college.
Figure out what you want to do.
- Start thinking about your future and career possibilities.
- Explore different occupations that match your interests.
- Keep your options open.
- Use time outside of school wisely.
- Get help when it's needed.
Do your best in class.
- Take control learn to be a good student.
- Get off to a good start! Study hard, turn in all assignments, and do your best to earn good grades.
- Review your academic strengths and weaknesses. Talk with friends and family about careers and possible college choices.
- Sign up for pre-algebra, if at all possible.
- Get to know your teachers.
- Take the right courses.
- Read, read, read!
- Start learning about different financial aid programs from your school counselor or teachers.
- Visit colleges and talk with college students, and your friends.
- Save money now to pay for school, and keep saving, a little at a time makes a difference.
- Talk to your parents about educational loyalty and affinity programs.
- Attend, with your parent or guardian, any financial planning or "how to afford college" programs offered at your school or in the community.
- Research on the web, check out our Resources section for some helpful links.
For the rest of the list, head over to KnowHow2Go.