Tips for Completing the Oregon OSAC Scholarship Application
Last updated January 6, 2022
Each year the Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) in Oregon awards grants and scholarships of more than $118 million to Oregon students. They have compiled everything into one centralized location, the OSAC Scholarship Application. We’re here to help you complete this application and get as much money for college as possible!
Am I eligible to apply for OSAC scholarships?
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen of the United States for other than a temporary purpose
- Student must be an Oregon resident. To learn more about Oregon residency head over to OSAC’s website.
- The student must be a graduating high school student during the current academic year, a GED graduate, or a first-time college freshman, undergraduate, or graduate student.
Do I need to submit an essay or personal statement with my application?
Possibly. Individual scholarship programs have their own requirements around supplementary requirements, including an essay or personal statement. Make sure to review the requirements of any scholarships you are interested in to see if they require any written materials and what the prompt is. The OSAC Scholarship Application has a 1,000 character limit for each personal statement submitted (including spaces). Any personal statements over this limit will be cut off when added to the application form.
Ready to Submit Your Essays for FREE Review and Feedback?
What can I do to improve my chances of receiving a scholarship?
- Closely read and follow all the instructions!
- Make sure to have someone review any essays or personal statements you will be submitting. Use the link above to have your essay reviewed for free by a Get Schooled virtual college advisor.
- Don’t forget to submit your FAFSA or ORSSA before the March 1st deadline.
This all sounds great! How do I start my application?
Make sure to create an OSAC account and select the “Scholarship Application” button. Before the March 1st deadline, submit your final application including all required documents (required transcripts, extra documentation, essays, and supplemental questions).
Still need help? Text #Oregon to 33-55-77 for support from our virtual college advisors.