Learn More Here! 2021 Oregon College Challenge
Last updated October 21, 2021
Need to reach more students with college and career guidance, but don’t have enough time? Want to ensure that your students have easy access to the highest quality college and career information? And free 1:1 digital advising? The 2021 Get Schooled Oregon College Challenge is here to help you and your students.
The Oregon College Challenge is a friendly competition across high schools all working toward the same goal - helping students take the most important steps toward their college and career future. Schools earn points (and grant money) based on student activity on our website. Points are tracked on a school leaderboard and factors into account school size to ensure a balanced scoring system and weighted point distribution In the end, all students and schools win as they find the resources and support to help on their college and career journeys. The Oregon College Challenge runs October 4, 2021 to November 12, 2021.
Hold your spot in the 2021 Oregon College Challenge now by emailing Danielle Gunder at [email protected]. Read below for details on the 2021 Oregon College Challenge.
Oregon College Challenge goals
- Help students take specific steps toward their college goal
- Provide students with resources and 1:1 support to be able to make that next step
- Give schools a fun way to unify, engage, and motivate their students on education and work
What schools get for participating
- Cash grants! - Schools earn $1 for every point on the leaderboard (starting at 100 points), up to $500. The money can be used to directly support college and career efforts at the school.`
- Student prizes - Students active on the site and with Get Schooled's #Oregon textline will be recognized weekly and have an opportunity to win a variety of exciting prizes!
- Impact - Get Schooled can help you meet the college and career targets you have for your students through our combination of resources and 1:1 support.
How points are earned
Schools earn points from three activities their students take once logged-in and registered to their school:
- Get Schooled Accounts - Every time a student creates a GS account on GetSchooled.com points are earned for that school.
- Account Completion - Students are encouraged to add their school name and phone number within their Get Schooled account to tie their profile to their school and earn more points towards free grant money.
- Free Essay Review - Students can submit a college or scholarship application essay for free review and feedback by the Get Schooled virtual advisors. For every essay submitted the student will earn points for their
What schools need to do
It’s not hard to be a part of the Oregon College Challenge but it does some legwork to make sure your students know about Get Schooled and how it can help them and their school. Here’s what schools can do to engage their students:
- A day-to-day representative responsible for actively promoting the Get Schooled Challenge at their school for 1-2 hours/week.
- Creative promotion of the Oregon College Challenge in your school.
- Recruit students to lead internal promotional efforts among their peers -
- Distribute fliers, assets, and emails from Get Schooled to students,
- Make school loud-speaker announcements about the Challenge,
- Set aside time in classrooms to complete Challenge activities for extra credit.
Sign-up for the 2021 Oregon College Challenge as soon as possible (it's never too late!) by committing to the Challenge with one simple email!
2021 Oregon Challenge Leaderboard
This leaderboard is updated every Friday by 4pm (PST).