Fall 2022 Reach For Your Peak Scholarship Rules
Last updated November 8, 2022
Reach For Your Peak Oregon Scholarship Rules
1. Eligibility. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF OREGON WHO PLAN ON ATTENDING AN ACCREDITED POSTSECONDARY INSTITUTION IN THE UNITED STATES (2 YEAR, 4 YEAR, TECHNICAL OR VOCATIONAL SCHOOL) PRIOR TO DECEMBER 31, 2024. STUDENTS CAN BE DOCUMENTED AND UNDOCUMENTED. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND THE GET SCHOOLED FOUNDATION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a scholarship, entrants must submit the application to Get Schooled. Entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of Sponsor’s agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Entry Periods. The “Reach For Your Peak Scholarship” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on November 1, 2022, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PST) on November 30, 2022, (the “Contest Period”).
3. How to Enter.
There are two ways to enter the Contest:
(i) Enter via getschooled.com
Step 1: Go to Get Schooled’s Reach For Your Peak Scholarship page at getschooled.com/peak
Step 2: On our entry form, answer the following questions:
- Where are you on your journey to college?
- In 1-3 sentences, tell us your hopes for your next step after high school. (optional)
Step 3: Fill out your contact information and other requested information. Check acknowledgments and press submit.
By completing the steps above, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES and Get Schooled’s Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a submission qualifies as an Entry.
(ii) Enter via email: Send an email to the Sponsor at [email protected] with the subject line “Reach For Your Peak Scholarship”. The following in the body of your email: (a) your first and last name; (b) your email address; (c) your phone number; (d) your HS graduation year; (e) your OR high school name and city; and (g) answering the following questions:
- Where are you on your journey to college?
- In 1-3 sentences, tell us your hopes for your next step after high school. (optional)
Only one email per person is allowed and will be the equivalent of one entry.
All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in this Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a potential Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan.
The content of the entries on the discussion board may be moderated by Sponsor prior to being accepted as part of an Entry. Entrants must complete their entries as directed and within the timeframe specified by Sponsor. Failure on behalf of an entrant to comply with the foregoing may result in an incomplete or disqualified Entry.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ENTRIES SUBMITTED FOR THIS CONTEST MAY BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE. IN ADDITION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE RETWEETED OR REPOSTED BY THE PUBLIC OR OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENTARY, FOR WHICH SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE.
Entrant agrees: (a) that he/she has all rights to the contents of the Entry and all components thereof, and that entrant has obtained all rights, consents and permission, necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (b) that the Entry does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) that the Entry is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Entry in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (d) that the Entry is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Entrant shall retain all copyright in and to his/her Entry; provided, however that entrant agrees that by entering into this Contest he/she is granting Sponsor the non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable right and license, but not the obligation, to exhibit, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, edit, dub, superimpose, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform and distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, the entries and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised for any purpose, throughout the world in perpetuity. Sponsor may use the entries to advertise, promote and publicize, the Sweepstakes, Sponsor’s websites in all media throughout the universe and may authorize others to do so; such advertising, promotion and publicity may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut-in, synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the entries. The undersigned acknowledges that Sponsor may use the entries in accordance with the permission granted herein without any payment to the undersigned or any third party.
Entrants agree that entries shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
- Gratuitous obscenity
- Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
- Gang signs or symbols
- Excessive, extreme or gratuitous violence
- Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use
- Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
- Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, lyrics etc.)
- License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise
- Website or web page links
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
- Trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property
- Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
- Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
- Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
- Any other person who appears recognizably other than the entrant
Language and themes contained in entries will be evaluated by Sponsor based on content and societal acceptability.
Sponsor is not obligated to, use, publish, display or broadcast any submitted entries (in whole or in part). Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will rely on such entrant’s agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit an Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of its standards and practices policies or the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may modify or edit any materials related to an Entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
In submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Sweepstakes that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may/or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection/Notification: The winning entries will be selected from all qualified entries submitted during the contest period. Get Schooled will select winners based on the responses to required and optional questions.
Once the winners are selected, Sponsor will notify the winner through e-mail, text message, Instagram, and/or voice call within seven (7) business days of the selection date. The final notification will occur no later than May 18, 2022. Sponsor will make one (1) attempt over the forty-eight (48) hour period following the Winners’ selection to contact the potential Winners via e-mail, text and/or voice. In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds as time permits, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Prizes: There are 5 (five) prizes in total. The prize consists of a $1,000 scholarship. Each scholarship must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution (2 YEAR, 4 YEAR, TECHNICAL OR VOCATIONAL SCHOOL) within the 50 (fifty) United States before December 31, 2024. Prizes will be directly managed by and awarded by Sponsor's partner, Scholarship America. Additional documentation may be required by Scholarship America for the prize to be released to the postsecondary institution of the winner’s choice. It will not be paid directly to the individual.
6. Winner Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of enrollment status at an accredited post-secondary institution in the United States by December 31, 2024, if requested. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s agreement to sign such Releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. The prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per person. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant who submitted the winning entry, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Get Schooled account utilized to submit the entry or the email address provided in the body of the email entry. An authorized account holder is defined as either (a) the natural person who is assigned to a Get Schooled account or an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address, or (b) such person’s dependent child (i.e., the person referenced in clause (a) is the parent or legal guardian of the dependent). A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
9. Disclaimer. Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, agents and professional advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, email, website, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, you (and, if you are a Minor, your parents or legal guardians) release all Released Parties (including Sponsor) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
11. Publicity; Affidavit & Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, likeness, prize information and city and state of residence of the entrant, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winning person (and if winner is a Minor, winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed confirmation of such permission, affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if such documents are not completed and returned within seven (7) days after delivery of notification to the entrant.
12. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list or these Official Rules, send a request together with a self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Get Schooled “#Trade School Week Scholarship Scholarship Winner”.
13. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to [email protected]
14. Contest Sponsor: The Get Schooled Foundation, 1425 Broadway #410, Seattle, WA 98122-3854