How The Career Center Can Help You Find A Job
Last updated March 4, 2021
One of the best ways to prepare for finding a job is by taking advantage of your college's career center. At the career center, you can find jobs to work as a student, learn about internship opportunities, prepare for the beginning of your professional career, and get access to several resources to help you along the way.
Here’s a quick topic list of what the career center can help you with:
Preparing to Find A Job:
- Write Your Resume – Get tips on creating an effective resume and cover letter.
- Prepare for Your Interview – Everything you need to know about how to have an impressive interview and land the job after.
- Interview Dos and Don’ts – Learn the proper etiquette required to put your best foot forward in your interview.
Working As A Student:
- Your Campus Job Portal – Apply for full-time jobs, part-time jobs, work-study positions, or internships on campus. Many colleges and universities have partnerships with companies who will post their job openings on the campus jobs portal. Ask your school’s career services department if they can introduce you to someone who works at the company..
- Job Hunting Tips & Suggestions – Get suggested job-hunting strategies, ask for introductions to alumni who graduated from your school to request informational interviews to learn more about their career fields, and brush up on your networking skills.
- Internships - Internships are an excellent way to find valuable work experience in your field before graduation and your career center can walk you through the process of how to get one. If you are interested in finding a remote internship that you can do from home, check out our guide on where to find online internships!
For a list of more career center resources, visit your college's career center website. Looking for a job off campus? Use JobLaunch to find entry level jobs near you!
Need tips on how to balance school and work? Read this.
For more free resources to help you on your college or job search journey head to getschooled.com or text “HELLO” to 33-55-77 to chat with a college or job advisor.