Study for The SAT
Last updated January 16, 2020
Here are tips to study for the SAT!
1. Check with your teacher for study material. They might have handouts or other material that previous students have found helpful.
2. Visit your bookstore or local library for a study guide. These books have sample questions/practice tests and provide hints on how to think about questions
3. Visit College Board's College Readiness for a practice test and sample questions.
4. Practice at Khan Academy. Khan Academy will personalize a study plan for you.
5. Designate time to study and have your friends and family test you.
6. Take practice tests and time yourself. Here's a breakdown of the different sections:
- Reading – 60 mins for 47 multiple choice,
- Writing – 35 mins for 44 multiple choice,
- Math no calculator – 25 mins with 17 multiple choice and grid-ins (or open-ended),
- Math – 45 mins with 31 multiple choice and grid-ins.