See The World Through Study Abroad Programs
Last updated June 4, 2020
Study abroad programs are a great way to see the world while finishing college credits. You'll live in a new place while attending class with other students who are just as excited as you are to be there. When you're not studying you'll be fully immersed in the local culture with opportunities to explore on your own.
During and at the end of your study abroad program you'll:
- Improve and grow new language skills. You'll get to learn more conversational vocabulary and speaking techniques.
- Develop a global perspective. It can be easy to forget how big the world actually is. Living somewhere new will push your thoughts and boundaries.
- Grow your self-confidence. We grow when we face unfamiliar things. A new place and language will make you uncomfortable at first, but you'll persevere and be able to stand on your own.
- Make memories. You'll have new stories and photographs through your new experiences with the local food, music, places, people and more.
- Build new friendships. You'll meet new people in your program, but also abroad.
This article was originally written for our work with California State University - Dominguez Hills in Charge On! For links originally linked, CSUDH students may find these helpful: