The Get Schooled $1,000 No Essay Scholarship EXTENDED Official Rules
Read the rules here!
“GET SCHOOLED $1,000 NO ESSAY SCHOLARSHIP” SWEEPSTAKES” EXTENDED OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. MANY WILL ENTER; FEW WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST SEVENTEEN (17) YEARS OF AGE AND NO MORE THAN TWENTY-FOUR (24) YEARS OF AGE AND ARE CURRENTLY ATTENDING AN ACCREDITED POSTSECONDARY INSTITUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR PLAN ON ATTENDING IN THE FALL OF 2020 . IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND THE GET SCHOOLED FOUNDATION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of Sponsor’s agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Entry Periods. The original “Get Schooled $1,000 No Essay Scholarship Sweepstakes”(the “Sweepstakes”) commenced at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on February 1, 2019, ending at 11:59:59 PM (PST) on June 30, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The EXTENDED Sweepstakes expires at 11:59:59 (PST) on December 31, 2019.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Go to www.getschooled.com and
- Create an account and/or if you have an account log in to your account
- Consume one piece of content (article, quiz, etc.)
(ii) Enter via email: Send an email to Sponsor at email@example.com with the following in the body of your email: (a) your first and last name (b) your email address and (c) the high school you attended and the college you are or will be attending, including name, city and state. The email subject line should be “Get Schooled $1000 No Essay Scholarship Sweepstakes.” This will be the equivalent of one entry.
All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in this Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a potential Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan.
In submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Sweepstakes that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may/or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection/Notification: The winning entry will be selected at random from all qualified entries during the contest period. There will be 11 total drawings - five during the original sweepstakes timeframe, and six during the extended period. Only entries submitted during the specified drawing period for each drawing will be eligible to win. Users whose entries are not selected during one drawing period, can resubmit in any subsequent drawing period but no unselected entries will roll forward from one drawing period to another.
- Drawing One: March 1, 2019. All eligible entries from February 1 – February 28 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing Two: April 1, 2019. All eligible entries from March 1 – March 30 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing Three: May 1, 2019. All eligible entries from April 1 – April 30 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing Four: June 3, 2019. All eligible entries from May 1 – May 31 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing Five: July 1, 2019. All eligible entries from June 1 – June 30 will be in the drawing.
Extended drawings include:
- Drawing SIX: August 1, 2019. All eligible entries from July 1- July 31 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing SEVEN: September 3, 2019. All eligible entries from August 1 – August 31 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing EIGHT: October 1, 2019. All eligible entries from September 1- September 30 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing NINE: November 1, 2019. All eligible entries from October 1- October 31 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing TEN: December 2, 2019. All eligible entries from November 1 – November 30 will be in the drawing.
- Drawing ELEVEN: January 2, 2020. All eligible entries from December 1- December 31 will be in the drawing.
Once the winners are selected, Sponsor will notify the winner through e-mail, text message, and/or voice call within five (5) business days of the selection date. The final notification for the final drawing will occur no later than January 10, 2020.
5. Prizes. There are 11 prizes in total (five in the original sweepstakes and six in the extended period). Each prize consists of a $1,000 (one thousand dollar) scholarship. Each scholarship must be used at an accredited postsecondary institution within the 50 (fifty) United States before December 31, 2020. The prize will be payable by the Sponsor to the postsecondary institution of the winner’s choice, it will not be paid directly to the individual.
6. Winner Verification: Thepotential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of enrollment status at an accredited postsecondary institution in the United States if requested. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s agreement to sign such Releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
6. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. The prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per person. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant who submitted the winning entry, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Get Schooled account utilized to submit the entry or the email address provided in the body of the email entry. An authorized account holder is defined as either (a) the natural person who is assigned to a Get Schooled account or an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address, or (b) such person’s dependent child (i.e., the person referenced in clause (a) is the parent or legal guardian of the dependent). A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
9. Disclaimer. Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, agents and professional advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, email, website, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
10. General Release. By entering the Sweepstakes, you (and, if you are a Minor, your parents or legal guardians) release all Released Parties (including Sponsor) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
11. Publicity; Affidavit & Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, Twitter name or handle, likeness, prize information and city and state of residence of the entrant, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winning person (and if winner is a Minor, winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed confirmation of such permission, affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if such documents are not completed and returned within seven (7) days after delivery of notification to the entrant.
12. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list or these Official Rules, send a request together with a self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Get Schooled “Get Schooled $1000 Scholarship Winner”.
13. Miscellaneous. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Sweepstakes Sponsor: The Get Schooled Foundation, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.