Cash for College Survey Scholarship Sweepstakes Rules
“CASH FOR COLLEGE SURVEY SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. Eligibility. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, WHO ATTEND A CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL, HAVE ATTENDED A CASH FOR COLLEGE WORKSHOP AT SOME POINT SINCE OCTOBER 1, 2017 AND EXPECT TO GRADUATE IN 2018. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND THE GET SCHOOLED FOUNDATION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and Viacom or of any of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each, are not eligible to enter the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC), their affiliates, and subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, employees, agents and professional advisors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, email, website, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
3. Entry Period. The Contest entry period starts at10:00:01 am (all times Pacific Time) on February 7, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 pm March 31, 2018(the “Deadline”). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be considered eligible entries.
4. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter:
- (a)Entry via Text.
- a.Text “Survey” to 33-55-77
- b.Click on the link and complete the survey.
- (b)Entry via E-mail
- a.E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Cash for College Survey Scholarship Sweepstakes”
- b.Request a link to the survey; once the survey is e-mailed to you, complete the survey
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INDIVIDUAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT PRIVATE. AGGREGATE DATA FROM THE SURVEY RESULTS WILL BE SHARED WITH CSAC.
5. Winner Selection and Notification After March 31, 2018, Get Schooled will randomly select one (1) winner for every 1,000 entries, up to five (5) winners total. Sponsor will notify the potential winners that he or she has been selected to be awarded the prize after March 31, 2018. The potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail. To claim a prize, the potential winner should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
6. Prize. Up to five (5) winners will be awarded a Grand Prize consisting of one (1) $1,000 scholarship to an accredited postsecondary institution
7. Prize Terms. Winners must enroll in an accredited postsecondary instition and spend the scholarship on or before December 31, 2018. All scholarship dollars will be paid directly to the winners’ educational institutions. All details related to the Prize not specified herein shall be solely determined by Sponsor.
8. Winner Verification: Thepotential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within five (5) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within one (1) day of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Contest Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, media partners and members (“Releases”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation (c) a media release allowing media to use the winner’s name and image (before or during the tour) and (d) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s agreement to sign such Releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
9. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. The Prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize (or any portion thereof) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the Prize or any portion thereof. Prize won by an entrant under the legal age of majority (a "Minor") will be awarded to such Winner’s parent or legal guardian on the Minor's behalf. Limit one (1) prize per household or address. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Disclaimer. Sponsor, Viacom and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, media partners and professional advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, email, website, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
11. General Release. By entering the Contest, you (and, if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) release all Released Parties (including Sponsor) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
12. Publicity; Affidavit & Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use Winner’s name, Twitter name or handle, likeness, prize information and city and state of residence of the, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, Winner (and if winner is a minor, Winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed confirmation of such permission, affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if such documents are not completed and returned within three (3) days after delivery of notification to the entrant.
13. Winner’s List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner’s list or these Official Rules, send a request together with a self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Cash for College Survey Scholarship Sweepstakes.
14. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to email@example.com.
15. Contest Sponsor: The Get Schooled Foundation, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.