How To Register For The ACT
The next ACT takes place on December 9th, 2017. If you want to take the ACT that day, you'll need to get registered by November 3rd. You can register on the ACT's website here. If you miss the deadline to register, you have until November 17th to register late. Just a warning, late registration comes with a $42 fee, so try to make the normal deadline if at all possible.
Here’s what you’ll need to register
- A computer or laptop with internet connection (phones and tablets aren’t recommended)
- Credit/debit card or other form of payment
- Be able to provide general info about your high school courses
- 1 headshot photo for identification purposes
Can I take the ACT for free?
Yes! There’s a chance you may qualify for an ACT fee waiver if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
ACT fee waivers are for 11th and 12th grade students in the U.S. or U.S. territories who can say “yes” to any of the following requirements:
- You are enrolled in a National School Lunch Program
- Your annual family income falls within the income eligibility guidelines
- You’re enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- Your family receives public assistance
- You live in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home or are homeless
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan
You can get your fee waiver from your school counselor, or a representative of an authorized community-based organization can help you get a fee waiver.
After you register, check out these strategies on how to study for the ACT and use critical thinking skills to get a great score!