Technical Product Manager
Seeking talented candidates interested in working on a high profile project with significant social impact.
Length of Position: June - December
Get Schooled is the only consumer-facing education initiative that is dedicated to using the power of media and pop culture to motivate and inspire young people and their communities to increase high school graduation and college-going rates. Focused on the education milestones that matter most – attendance, course passage, readiness, and college guidance – Get Schooled brings the creative talent, media assets and resources of the country’s top media and consumer brands to inspire youth with engaging content, tools, challenges and relevant incentives. This dynamic organization is setting ambitious goals to reach out to more students in schools around the country with its successful programs. For more information, please visit www.getschooled.com.
The Technical Product Manager will spearhead the ideation and development of new digital products in the Get Schooled portfolio that aim to fundamentally change how young people navigate the college and employment experiences. The product manager will lead the development of these products in a way that supports and enhances the educational and employment experiences for low-income young people and strengthens our relationships with internal and external partners.
We are a small team that has a big impact. We are all passionate about our mission, intensely creative and relentless at changing the landscape of opportunity for the young people we serve. Our partners include Fortune 500 companies, reputable national foundations and national nonprofit collaborators.
- Help to define product’s business vision and strategy with product end goals in mind
- Partner with internal and external teams to gather data requests and translate them into concrete requirements; partner with engineering teams to deliver on those requirements
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects and ensures plans are integrated and aligned to overall organizational and business strategy.
- Analyze, remove and prevent roadblocks across internal and external teams to meet quality standards, project deadlines and business objectives
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Product management or design experience with a focus on moving software products and technologies from idea to market
- Knowledge of web application and software development principles, API specs, and how systems work together
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy based on partner requirements, research, data and industry trends