What Do Guys Wear To Homecoming Dances?
Even guys like to dress to impress for homecoming!
There comes a time in every high school boy’s year where he must come face to face with the inevitable question: what should I wear to the homecoming dance? We already know the girls are knee deep in elegant dresses, heels and make-up. What about the guys? What angst-charged teenage fashion blog do they turn to for outfit ideas? Who can help them decide? Of course, there’s the old suit and tie or dress shirt and pants combo most guys will choose between. But what about something with a stylish and refreshing twist? Here are 6 outfit tips for guys looking to get fresh and stay fly this homecoming season!
1. ADD COLOR | Suits and tuxedos are classic outfit choices and are sure to have you looking dapper. However, that same all black or white penguin look could use a modern refresh button. Try tuxes or suits in different colors! Feeling extra bold? Go brighter! Make all eyes land on you!
2. TRY PATTERNS & TEXTURES | A fun and creative way to turn heads at the homecoming dance is to experiment with patterns and textures. Step away from normal old cotton and go fourth into velvet suede! Instead of a solid color, be bold with polka dots or stripes!
3. ACCESSORIZE | A little bling, a nice belt buckle or a unique set of cuff links can go a long way. If you already have a tux you want to re-wear that doesn’t have much flare, try adding accessories! Girls do it all the time, AND IT WORKS!
4. UPGRADE YOUR SOCK GAME | If you want to be a bit more on the subtle side, you can NEVER go wrong with an unconventional pair of socks! Not only are they an awesome conversation starter, they’ll add just the right amount of spice to your outfit!
5. DO IT FOR THE CULTURE | Embrace and indulge in cultural styles that will express who you are!
6. MIX AND MATCH | If all else fails, try mixing and matching different suit and tuxedo styles. Try a shorts set or ditch the jacket and go for a vest instead! Celebs tend to do this the best! If you’re looking for inspiration, check out below!