8 Questions To Ask Yourself When Looking For A Job
Last updated December 3, 2020
You have created the perfect resume, had it reviewed by a professional, and now you are ready to search for jobs. But what if you aren't sure how to find the best job to apply for or what the right job for you should be. Ask yourself these 8 questions to help you narrow down your job search and find the right job fit.
- What do you like to do or what jobs or careers are you interested in?
- What do you want to learn at your job? (customer service skills, experience in a specific industry, marketing skills, sales skills, etc.)
- How far away are you willing to work? Walking distance from your job, or a 20 minutes commute?
- How will you get to work everyday? Will you drive, walk, take public transportation, or will someone pick you up and take you to and from work?
- Do you want a job that keeps you on your feet all day or an office job that requires you to sit for long periods of time?
- Do you want to work with a lot of people, or do you like to work by yourself?
- Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment, like a busy shopping mall or stadium? Or do you prefer to have a job that is quiet - like working at the library?
- Do you like to work with your hands a lot, or do you prefer a job that requires a lot of reading and writing?
Ready to search searching for jobs? Start here.