Affordable Tech For Your Space
Last updated March 1, 2021
With classes moving online and students learning (and working) from the comfort of their homes, the necessities for school and jobs are shifting. Along with the regular supplies for school or work that you’ve always needed, you’re going to want to make sure you have the right equipment. Here is a list of affordable tech that can help you succeed in your own home.
Being at home comes with a lot of distractions, meaning you may miss some important information in class or have trouble focusing on your homework. Why not grab a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to shut out the noise and focus on your work or lecture?
Not all laptops and computers are equipped with a webcam, and with everything going online, a webcam has become a necessity.
Keyboard and Mouse
Being flexible and comfortable are both important when it comes to attending school from home. Having a laptop paired with a wireless keyboard and mouse will help increase your productivity and speed, and help you feel more comfortable.
Graphing calculators can be very expensive and although a TI-83 may seem nice, you probably won’t use it to its fullest potential. Instead, grab this more affordable and powerful calculator.
- CATIGA CS121 ($36.99)
Free Online Tools
If your school doesn’t offer a free version of Microsoft Office for you to download, a great alternative is to use Google Docs! It is free and allows you to save and manage files in your personal Google Drive while easily sharing/editing docs with your teachers and/or classmates. If you use Google Chrome, add some extensions that will boost your productivity!
- Google Docs: Amazing alternative to Microsoft Office
- Google Dictionary: A dictionary is always helpful, and with Google Dictionary, you can highlight an unknown word and a pop-up bubble with the definition will appear.
- Voice In Voice Typing: Not everyone is a fast typer. Voice In Voice Typer is a speech-to-text extension that allows you to go hands-free when taking notes, writing emails, or writing essays!
- Grammarly: A great writing assistant to help correct your grammar, spelling, style, and tone!
- Diiigo Free Version: Diigo makes taking notes easier, allowing you to highlight and annotate your readings. To have these notes saved, be sure to create an account!