SEP Campuses & Get Schooled #WeBelongInCollege Scholarship Rules
Last updated March 1, 2021
SEP Campuses & Get Schooled #WeBelongInCollege Scholarship Rules
1. Eligibility. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IS LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE CURRENTLY ATTENDING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ACCREDITED POSTSECONDARY INSTITUTIONS: COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER, PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA CHARLOTTE, UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO, AND UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND THE GET SCHOOLED FOUNDATION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a scholarship, entrants must submit their video or written story AND share on social with the hashtag #WeBelongInCollege. Entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of Sponsor’s agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Entry Periods. The “SEP Campuses & Get Schooled #WeBelongInCollege Scholarship” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on September 16, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PST) on November 30, 2020, (the “Contest Period”).
3. In submitting an Entry into this Contest, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may/or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection/Notification: The winning entries will be selected by a review committee immediately following each of the drawing periods. There will be 20 total drawings during the Contest Period. Only entries submitted during the specified drawing period for each drawing will be eligible to win. Users whose entries are not selected during one drawing period, can resubmit in any subsequent drawing period but no unselected entries will roll forward from one drawing period to another.
Entries will be reviewed by Sponsor according to a set of criteria that includes, but is not exclusive to:
- Story Relevance: Discusses a time when they've questioned whether they belong in college (either when applying to college or in college) and how they managed to persist and came to believe that they do belong in college
- Authentic: The story is genuine and feels unscripted.
- Clarity & Flow: The story has a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- Theme: The story has a general theme related to belonging in college.
- Helpful: The story is about a challenge others are likely to face and that will likely resonate with other students and shares advice they can use.
- Posts should include the words “we (or I) belong in college.”
- If video, it must have clear audio and be in focus.
Drawing will take place on or before December 15, 2020. All eligible entries from September 16 – November 30 will be included.
Once the winners are selected, Sponsor will notify the winner through e-mail, text message, and/or voice call within five (5) business days of the selection date. The final notification for the final drawing will occur no later than December 15, 2020.
5. Prizes. There are 20 prizes in total. Each prize consists of a $1,000 (one thousand dollar) scholarship. Each scholarship must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution within the 50 (fifty) United States before December 31, 2021. Prizes will be directly managed by and awarded by Sponsor's partner, Scholarship America. Additional documentation may be required by Scholarship America for the prize to be released to the postsecondary institution of the winner’s choice. It will not be paid directly to the individual.
6. Winner Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of enrollment status at an accredited post-secondary institution in the United States by December 31, 2021, if requested. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s agreement to sign such Releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. The prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per person. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant who submitted the winning entry, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Get Schooled account utilized to submit the entry or the email address provided in the body of the email entry. An authorized account holder is defined as either (a) the natural person who is assigned to a Get Schooled account or an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address, or (b) such person’s dependent child (i.e., the person referenced in clause (a) is the parent or legal guardian of the dependent). A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
9. Disclaimer. Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, agents and professional advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, email, website, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, you (and, if you are a Minor, your parents or legal guardians) release all Released Parties (including Sponsor) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
11. Publicity; Affidavit & Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, likeness, prize information and city and state of residence of the entrant, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winning person (and if winner is a Minor, winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed confirmation of such permission, affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if such documents are not completed and returned within seven (7) days after delivery of notification to the entrant.
12. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list or these Official Rules, send a request together with a self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Get Schooled “#WeBelongInCollege Scholarship Winner”.
13. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to [email protected]
14. Contest Sponsor: The Get Schooled Foundation, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.