How to Prepare For An Online Job Fair
Last updated January 16, 2021
First time attending an online job fair and not sure what to expect? We’ve got you covered. Check out our tips to help you prepare for National Youth Hiring Day on May 7.
HERE’S WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE JOB FAIR:
- Do Your Research: Check out the companies attending the hiring fair. Go to their website and look at their careers page, see what they are posting on social, and think about which companies you want to meet with first.
- Prepare 3-4 questions to ask employers: Here are a few questions to get you started
- What is your company's job application and hiring process?
- How do I find job opportunities in my area?
- What skills are you looking for in a job applicant?
- What training opportunities does your company offer?
- How can I follow up with you regarding next steps?
- Learn about filling out important sections in a job application
- Text Us: Get Schooled is here to help you every step of the way. Text “JOBS” to 33-55-77 or visit getschooled.com to chat with a job coach.
HERE’S WHAT TO DO ON MAY 7 (JOB FAIR DAY!)
- Head to hiringday.org on your phone, computer, or tablet.
- Tap the banner that says “Enter the Fair”
- Enter your name, email address and zip code so you can enter the fair: Be sure to use your real name and professional email address as employers may want to follow up with you after the event.
- Start connecting with employers: Tap on a logo to visit an employer’s booth. Once inside, you can talk directly with recruiters by using the chat box feature, learn about job opportunities available in your area, and download free resources to review later.
- Visit every booth: Check out what each employer and provider has to offer. You never know where your next job opportunity will come from.
HERE’S WHAT TO DO AFTER THE JOB FAIR
- Complete the job fair survey for a chance to win one of 100 $50 Visa gift cards (we’ll text you the link to the survey)
- Follow up with the employers you connected with and complete the next steps they gave you.
- Search for more jobs using the JobLaunch job search tool
- Text “JOBS” to 33-55-77 with any questions you have along the way.