How to Prepare for an Online Job Fair
Last updated May 24, 2021
National Youth Hiring day is on June 16 and we want you to start your job search with your best foot forward. Join us to connect with employers, grow your network, and even land a great job! Here's what to do before the job fair:
1. Do your research: Check out the companies attending the hiring fair (scroll down to see the list of job opportunities by state). Go to their website and look at their careers' pages, see what they are posting on social, and think about which companies you want to meet with.
3. Learn more about filling out important sections in a job application- like how to consent to a background check.
4. Prepare for your interviews. Our job interview tips can help you practice for your phone, video, or in-person interviews. Use this time to practice the questions you can ask employers in your interviews. Here are some suggestions:
- What is the most challenging thing about working here?
- What are the top skills or attributes that your company values?
- What does a typical week look like in this position?
5. Text us: Get Schooled is here to help you every step of the way. Text #JobFair to 33-55-77 or visit getschooled.com to chat with a job coach.
Check out the list of employers that will be attending National Youth Hiring Day 2021 below to find opportunities in your state. Can't find any? Use our FREE JobLaunch tool to find opportunities in your area! Just enter in your zip code and and hit "Search Jobs" to begin.