20+ Things To Do While Social Distancing
Last updated August 12, 2020
20+ Things To Do While Social Distancing - Music, Art and Culture
Being cooped up, it can be easy to just do the familiar (school, gaming, chatting), but it’s important to continue learning and exploring - especially for your creative side. Here are ways to incorporate art, culture, and music during this time of social distancing.
View or watch performance art, and read/listen to a book. Art things to do while social distancing.
- Visit the Louvre or walk through The Met in New York without the crowds. Check out Google Arts & Culture for more museums.
- Watch performance art OnTheBoards.tv for free through April.
- Listen to audiobooks for free with Audible Stories.
- YouTube - Check out some painters, graffiti artists, graphic designers and more.
- Visit the website of your local library system to view their catalog of ebooks and audiobooks. Check out Open Library to access free ebooks.
Go on a virtual world trip, and practice the local language
- Explore cities, oceans, or space on Google Earth.
- Watch jellyfish, turtles, sharks and more at the Monterey Bay Aquarium or watch pandas, tigers, and more at the San Diego Zoo.
- Go on a virtual safari in Zambia.
- Check out this list by People or Good Housekeeping for more virtual trip ideas.
- Spend time learning the language you’ve dreamed of speaking at Duolingo.
Get up and dance
- Follow DJ D-nice, @dnice, for streams of his famous Instagram live dj sets.
- Tune into The Social Distancing Festival. Their extensive calendar is updated with music events from around the world.
- Explore these lists by Billboard, CNET or NPR for a schedule of virtual concerts.
- Visit the website of your favorite artist to see if they’re hosting an online concert.