Starting In Late July 2020, Take The ACT Online & Re-Take Specific Sections
Last updated June 25, 2021
- Section re-testing!
- Let’s say you did really well on the reading section, but struggled with the science section. Now, you can re-take only the science section (or any section(s) where you need a better score)
- Before this change, you needed to re-take the entire ACT test to improve your score on any section.
- Students who take the ACT online (on a computer at a testing center) will get test results WAY faster
- Multiple choice results will arrive as soon as 2 business days after the test
- Results take 2 weeks to arrive with paper-and-pencil testing
- Students who have taken the ACT more than once, or retested certain sections will now have their scores “Superscored”.
- ACT “Superscoring” means the ACT will use only student’s best scores to create one “Superscore”. This way, colleges you apply to will only see your best ACT performance.
Big news! The ACT has announced it will allow students to re-take specific sections of the ACT, take the ACT online (on a computer at a testing center, instead of traditional paper-and-pencil), and send colleges “Superscores” (“Superscoring” means only your best score in each section across all re-takes gets sent to the colleges you apply to). These changes will go into effect approximately 1 week after the July 18th, 2020 ACT test.
What this means for the class of 2021+