What Advice Would You Give Your Freshman Self?
Last updated September 26, 2020
We asked Dominguez Hills sophomores on text, "What advice would you give your freshman self" and here are some of our favorites:
- Join a club that can help you grow and pushes you to find an internship or scholarship.
- Socialize with others but don't let it take over your studies and vice versa.
- Always ask the question you asked yourself in your head. Don't be afraid to talk out loud because there might be others with the same question and same fear.
- Read the syllabus.
- Go to class, stop cancelling it yourself!
- Divide tasks into bits to not feel pressured and always talk to someone for help or just for advice.
- Not everyone is living on the same page as you are so don't feel down and discouraged if others are ahead of you.
- Do all of your homework as soon as it's assigned.