How The Career Center Can Help You Find A Job
Last updated February 13, 2020
One of the best ways to prepare for finding a job is by taking advantage of your college's career center. At the career center, you can find jobs to work as a student, learn about internship opportunities, prepare for the beginning of your professional career, and get access to several resources to help you along the way.
Here’s a quick topic list of what the career center can help you with:
Preparing to Find A Job:
- Write Your Resume – Get tips on creating an effective resume and cover letter.
- Prepare for Your Interview – Everything you need to know about how to have an impressive interview and land the job after.
- Interview Dos and Don’ts – Learn the proper etiquette required to put your best foot forward in your interview.
Working As A Student:
- Your Campus Job Portal – Apply for full-time jobs, part-time jobs, work-study positions, or internships on campus.
- Job Hunting Tips & Suggestions – Get suggested job-hunting strategies and networking practice.
- Internships - Find valuable work experience in your field before graduation.
For a list of more career center resources, visit your college's career center website.