SAT Sign Up Deadlines | Register For The SAT
Last updated May 14, 2020
Looking for SAT Sign Up information? Here's how you can register for the SAT exam. It's super easy!
Visit College Board's website, click "Register for the SAT", create an account, and then pick an SAT test date that works for you. For a full list of SAT test dates check out the official SAT calendar.
Please note Due to the Coronavirus, the College Board is unable to administer the June 6 SAT. New testing opportunities will be available at a later date, including a September 26 exam.
SAT Sign Up Cost
The cost of signing up for the SAT is $49.50 (or $64.50 if you choose to take the SAT's optional essay section). If that's too expensive for you, you may be eligible to receive an SAT fee waiver and register for the SAT Exam for free! For up to date SAT fees, visit the SAT Test Fees page.
SAT Fee Waiver
To be eligible for an SAT fee waiver (other pdf), you must meet any of the following requirements below along with being an 11th or 12th grade student in the U.S. or U.S territories. If you do qualify, please see your school counselor or agency official ASAP to a get a "fee waiver card". They'll determine your eligibility. The "fee waiver card" has a unique fee waiver code that will allow you to register for the exam online for free!
- You are enrolled in a National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Your annual family income falls within the income eligibility guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (link).
- You’re enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- Your family receives public assistance
- You live in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home or are homeless
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan